IT System engineer
Vias institute is a knowledge centre that focuses on sustainable behavioural change in order to reduce social risks. We have been doing this for more than 30 years in the framework of road safety, but over the last years, our focus has been extended to the domains of mobility, safety, and health care. Vias institute is involved in research, advises, develops innovative applications, and provides training. We work for citizens, policy makers, governments, and companies, both nationally and internationally. As an employee at Vias, you work together with 130 colleagues in order to achieve our goal of a safer society.
To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for a:
IT System Engineer
As an IT System Engineer, you will take on a versatile role to strengthen our internal IT expertise. Your tasks will include:
- Ensuring the proper management and transfer of data to the cloud.
- Ensuring the proper functioning of the servers.
- Ensuring the security of our servers and data.
- Managing our internal applications and improving their code.
- Keeping abreast of new cloud technologies and providing strategic advice or suggestions for improvement.
- Providing IT support and assistance with various internal projects
- You have a certificate in engineering/computer science or equivalent and two to three years' experience in the IT field.
- You have good programming skills (especially Python and Java environments).
- Experience in the AWS and Asure clouds is a plus.
- The versatility of the job attracts you and you enjoy working with different departments.
- You are quality-conscious and meticulous in your work.
- You have a very good knowledge of English and a good understanding of Dutch and/or French.
- Vias institute offers you a versatile job in a professional and innovative work environment with room to further develop your skills, according to your background and interests.
- We offer you a full-time contract for an indefinite period of time. You will receive a competitive salary and extralegal advantages such as meal vouchers, ecocheques, hospitalization insurance and group insurance.
Are you interested in this job offer and can you see yourself working in a company with a huge social impact? Send us your resume and motivation letter via email@example.com. For questions, you can also reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org.